Serving Cascade, Grandville, and Grand Rapids
Our Top Tips for Healthy Oral Care in 2023
With the holidays now behind us, we’re busy getting backing to our routines. Part of your planning for the new year should include your dental hygiene goals. We’re here to help you be the healthiest you possible!
Our top-five suggestions to help ensure a healthy 2023 are:
- Don’t stray from recommended oral-care habits: We’ll be the first to remind you that brushing your teeth twice per day, flossing regularly, and visiting your dentist twice per year for professional cleanings help promote healthy oral hygiene.
- Address dental issues that aren’t improving: If you’re experiencing pain when eating crunchy food or have a sensitive tooth, schedule a visit with your dentist. More often than not, such issues won’t improve on their own and can worsen over time.
- Realize the benefits of smiling: When we smile – even if it’s forced – dopamine, serotonin, and endorphins are released from our brains. Our moods are uplifted and anxiety/stress levels are reduced. Not only do we stand to benefit from our smiling, others do too.
- Create dental-hygiene goals: Over the last few years, a worldwide pandemic led to uncertain economic times. Many people simply did not have the resources to prioritize their dental care. However, as we’re finding our way back to stability, it’s time to consider revisiting our dental-hygiene goals, including twice-per-year professional cleanings, electronic toothbrushes, and braces, if needed.
- Don’t forget about the connection between oral care and well-being: It’s easy to overlook the role that proper oral hygiene plays in our overall well-being. Always remember that one important aspect of a healthy you is a healthy mouth and smile.
Emergency Dental Care
Accidents happen, our dentists in Grand Rapids, MI are here for you when they do. Our priority is to prevent or eliminate pain, as well as ensure the life of a tooth that has been damaged.
Emergency Dentist in Grand Rapids, Cascade, and Grandville, MI
Have you ever heard of a friend complaining about serious pain in a tooth where they’ve had a filling in the past? Or perhaps a family member’s child having a tooth knocked out during their softball practice? Or even poor grandma whose dentures got chewed up by her dog?
Welcome to the world of dental emergencies! While such experiences are painful and very unexpected, we’re just a call away to help.
Dental emergencies happen every day to people in our community. The good news for people facing sudden problems with their teeth is that our office is a one-stop practice for many types of dental ailments.
Types of Dental Emergencies
- Toothaches (especially major pain and sensitivity)
- Broken and chipped teeth
- Gums that have become swollen, tender, and/or infected
- Tooth loss
- Broken dentures
- Wisdom teeth pain
- Problems with fillings and crowns
Same-day appointments are welcomed by our doctors – we always have staff on hand to address your problem. Call us 24/7 if you are facing any dental emergencies.
As our patients know, a major goal we have at our practice is equipping our patients with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions about their dental health. With this aim in mind, for more information, please contact us.
Request an Appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you accepting new patients?
Yes, we are accepting new patients in Grandville. If you’re in need of Preventative Dentistry, Family Dentistry, Sleep Apnea Treatments, and other dental services – Grand Rapids Dental Partners is here to help!
What insurance do you accept?
We’re in-network with Delta Dental of Michigan and can bill most other insurances. Our staff is happy to answer any of your insurance questions and we offer a complementary benefits check, or pre-authorization as needed.
Why should I choose Grand Rapids Dental Partners?
Our philosophy is to never stop learning our dentists and the team continually adopts successful techniques and treatments as they evolve, providing our patients with the best possible care.
The team of dentists and hygienists at Grand Rapids Dental Partners are proud to be your source of quality dental care. With offices located in Grand Rapids, and Grandville, MI, we can see and treat patients with a variety of procedures. To further improve your oral health, we welcome you to contact our dentist office today to learn more about our treatment options or to schedule an appointment!
What should I do in a dental emergency?
If you find yourself in a dental emergency, please call or email our office as soon as possible. We will do everything we can to help you in your time of need.
What should I do if I lose a dental crown?
Depending on what type of dental crown you have, things happen, and they can fall out on a rare occasion. If your crown does fall out, please try to keep it, and bring it with you to your appointment.
What is Sleep Dentistry?
Sleep apnea is a disorder that prevents the body from getting enough oxygen during sleep. People with sleep apnea stop breathing for brief periods of time while sleeping. The most common form of sleep apnea is called Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). The name comes from throat blockage that is caused by the tongue or palate.
Dr. Josh Smith is a member of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM) and, in collaboration with the local sleep centers at Spectrum Health and Metro Health, he remains up to date on the latest treatments for sleep apnea.
Does Grand Rapids Dental Partners offer periodontal disease treatments?
Yes, we offer Periodontal (Gum Disease) Treatment options at your dental cleanings. Our goal is to treat periodontal disease non-surgically and our routine hygiene appointments can help with intervention.
Do you offer Botox in your office?
If you are interested in boosting your appearance to look younger without undergoing cosmetic surgery, you may want to consider getting Botox injections. Botox injections are non-invasive, outpatient treatments used to alleviate issues related to aging. The doctors and assistants here at Grand Rapids Dental Partners offer safe and convenient Botox injections for patients throughout the Cascade, Grand Rapids, and Grandville, MI areas.
What should I do if mine, or my child’s tooth, is knocked out?
Should a tooth get knocked out please contact our office as soon as possible. We know it can be scary, but try not to panic, we will do everything we can to help you with your knocked out tooth and discuss options and recommendations based on your circumstances.
What should I do if I crack a tooth?
Grand Rapids Dental Partners understand that a cracked tooth is painful! Please contact us to give us details on your cracked tooth right away!